5th grade Youth Choir
- Students will report a HS classroom beginning at 6:30pm.
- No sooner please, as no one will be in the room with them.
- Signs will be posted so you know where to go
- Please dress nicely. Preferably no jeans, tennis shoes, short/sweats, etc.
- 5th grade: ALL BLACK!!!! (youth choir wear tshirt over top
- YOUTH CHOIR: report to the band room at 6:40pm. Then you are to sit with your family after your perform. (5th graders go find your class; who are waiting in a HS classroom).
- The concert will be video recorded. Check the blog to view it.
- Email Mrs. Cooper at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Refrain-Verse 1-Refrain-Verse 2-Ending
Come and see the cherry blossoms. How their beauty seems to fill the air?
Floating here, and floating there, cherry petals falling everywhere.
Spring has come and days are fair. Won’t you come along with me?
Come and see the cherry bloom. (piano interlude)
Sa-ku-ra, sa-ku-ra! Ya-yo- i no so ra wa, mi-wa-ta-su ka-gi-ri.
Ka-su-mi-ka ku-m-ka; ni-o-i zo i-zu-ru. I-za-ya, I-za-ya,
Mi-ni-yu-kan______(close to ‘n’)
Classes divide and sing in 2 parts:
Sa- ku- ra_________, sa- ku-ra!____ Ya- yo- i no so ra___ wa,
Come and see the cherry blos- soms_____. How their beau-ty seems to fill the air!
mi- wa- ta- su ka- gi- ri Ka- su- mi- ka ku- mo- ka__;
Float-ing here, and float-ing there, cher- ry pet- als fall-ing ev-‘ry-where
ni- o- i zo i- zu- ru. I- za- ya,____________ I- za- ya,____
Spring has come and_ days_ are_ fair. Won’t you__ come a-long with me?__________
Mi- ni- yu- ka______nnnnnn. Come and__ see the cher-ry bloom_______.
Come and__ see the cher-ry bloom. Come and__ see the cher-ry bloom_______.
2T: click “play” to listen to your part on Mo Li Hua!
2G & 2S: Click “play” to listen to your part on Mo Li Hua!
Very excited to get started on this music!!! Feel free to practice on the days we don’t have rehearsal!
Si—ya—hamb e—ku—kha–nye- ni kwen—kos
See-yah-hamb’ eh- koo- hah- nyeh-nee – kwehn-kos
Click the “play” button to rehearse:
Siyahamba (full score)
Uganda: Mwamba Children’s Choir (not our arrangement, but fun to watch!)
Let It Go (Frozen)
*A lot of recordings out there are very hard on children’s voices due to the style of singing used.
Click the “play” button to rehearse your part:
Alto from the beginning
Alto part at measure 53
Let It Go- Sop/Alto (from beginning)
- Parents may pick students up in the band room after they perform if they have no more ensembles to perform in.
- Everyone is invited to stay for the whole concert (should last about an hour and 15 mins)
- 6th grade band: leave the risers after our performance and get your instrument/music from your family member and follow Mr. Keller’s instructions.
- Sit with your family during the beginning of the concert and after you perform.
- It is asked that all performers stay for the entire concert. It is only polite and good concert manners to do so. The concert will last just under over an hour and 15 minutes. Only students excused in advance may leave before the end of the concert. Please treat other performers as you would like to be treated.
- Be courteous during the other performances. There should be no talking during while others are performing.