Just a few items for next school year:
1. Sign ups for the Fairbanks Youth Choir will be available at both back-2-school nights (FES and FMS).
2. Check out the “websites” tab for fun interactive games to play this summer while at home!
3. Search for ipad apps to download to keep up with your musical skills over the summer!
4. Summer is a great time to find live music at concerts halls or even the Marysville Uptown Friday Nights!! Search your local area or travel to Columbus! Expand your music taste!
Take a Chance on Me (solo): measure 7-47 (start at 0:15 “If you need me let me know, gonna be around round…)
For Good (SA or SAB): measure 19-end (start at 0:50 solo part “But I know I’m who I am today, because I knew you”…)
Imagine (SA or SAB): measure 13-44 (recording starts at meas. 11)
Fairbanks Music Department’s Annual
Spring Concert 2015
Monday, May 11, 7:00 PM – HS Gym
Order of performance: (times are approximate)
5th Grade Band (7:00)
6th Grade Band (7:15)
Youth Choir (7:30)
JH Concert Band (7:45)
High School Choir (8:00)
High School Concert Band (8:15)
Total Concert Time: appx. 1:30
FYC & FHSCC:
Please arrive by 6:30pm in the HS band room to warm up. We will warm up in the HS band room. Band members follow Mr. Keller’s instructions here
5th gr. FYC/band members: Once you are finished performing please return to the band room to get in the concert line up.
6th gr. band members: give your music and instrument to someone to take care while you join us on the risers. If you need someone to get your minion hat, please arrange that.
After we are finished performing everyone is to sit with their families. Do not go back into the band room.
FHSCC: We will continue to warm during the 5th and 6th gr. band performances. Please file into the gym to listen to the youth choir. We will run through pieces during JH Concert band’s performance.
Concert Attire for CHOIR members:
FYC members: black pants/skirt and youth choir t-shirt.
FHSCC: gentlemen are to wear black pants, black socks, black shoes, long sleeved white dress shirt and tie. Ladies are to wear all black (black pants or black skirt, and black shirt, black shoes). Ladies- if you choose to wear a skirt, please be mindful that it is long enough and that you wear some sort of hose/stocking with it.
Please look your best!
- The side door (by the band room) is the entrance for performing groups only. All audience members and should enter through the back doors by the cafeteria.
- If you are on teardown crew, please be stay and help fold chairs and move equipment. Bonus points are available.
- It is asked that all performers stay for the entire concert. It is only polite and good concert manners. This is more than just a performing opportunity – it is also a LISTENING and LEARNING opportunity! I understand if your child needs to leave for a pre-existing conflict such as baseball, softball, 4H, Boy/Girl scouts, Washington DC, dance, etc. If you have no other meetings or practices, I would like that band members stay for the entire concert.
- All band and choir members must sit with their family when not performing. We have had problems with misbehavior when students sit together in the reserved section. This helps everyone enjoy the concert to the fullest.